Latest Update About California Extension:
California decided to conform to (“match”) the IRS and extend deadlines until October 16 instead of the previously announced May 15 deadline.
Here’s Governor Newsom’s press release with details: https://www.gov.ca.gov/2023/03/02/more-time-to-file-state-taxes-for-californians-impacted-by-december-and-january-winter-storms/
If you have questions or need further help, please utilize the support resources available to you in your Pronto Tax School Membership.
Original Update About IRS Extension:
IRS extended a bunch of tax deadlines for clients in California, Alabama, and Georgia who have been affected by recent disasters (flooding, etc.)
Before you read the rest of this email, please remember that this is “hot off the presses” NEW information. As you know, IRS sometimes changes stuff after they say stuff, and you are 100% responsible for your use of this information. Always conduct your own due diligence, especially with new info!
The following deadlines have been extended all the way until October 16th for designated California, Alabama, and Georgia disaster areas:
- March 15 S Corporation filing deadline
- March 15 Partnership filing deadline
- April 18 Personal tax return (1040) filing deadline
- Q4 of 2022 Estimated Tax Payment deadline
- Q1 of 2023 Estimated Tax Payment deadline
- Q2 of 2023 Estimated Tax Payment deadline
- Q3 of 2023 Estimated Tax Payment Deadline
Don’t believe me?
I wouldn’t either, it’s all pretty shocking.
Click here to read the news straight from the horse’s mouth (horse = IRS in this analogy).
If you have questions about how to communicate these crucial tax deadline changes to your clients, how to manage the “business implications” of extended deadlines (changing staffing patterns to match up with changing seasonal demand patterns from clients), and so forth and so on, we do recommend enjoying a Dream Team Membership so that you can attend our 3x weekly Mentor Support Sessions, where we all help each other with all that kind of stuff.
Here are the Pronto Membership options, both of which have extensive support resources included to help you serve your clients like a BOSS.
How do I find out which counties are eligible for these automatic extensions?”
- FEMA website has a search feature you can use and plug in a zip code or city or county to see if a federal disaster is declared there: https://www.fema.gov/
- IRS also offers updated list of California counties here, it’s most of California: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-announces-tax-relief-for-victims-of-severe-winter-storms-flooding-landslides-and-mudslides-in-california
- Here’s the list for Alabama: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-announces-tax-relief-for-victims-of-january-12-severe-storms-straight-line-winds-and-tornadoes-in-alabama
- Here’s the list for Georgia: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-announces-tax-relief-for-victims-of-severe-storms-straight-line-winds-and-tornadoes-in-georgia
If you have any other questions about how Pronto Membership can help you enjoy your best tax season every tax season, especially in these years where tax season never ends, please contact us anytime firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-422-1283.