One thing I’ve noticed about tax preparation is that clients love it when we show we care about their future.
One easy and immediately available option for showing care about our client’s future is to provide 1-3 “changes to watch out for next year” for each client as part of finishing off these 2022 tax returns that are on extension.
If you think that’s a good idea, we’d love to help you do it.
Here below are 3 “next year tax changes” that I think are most worth mentioning as we finish off these 2022 tax returns that are on extension:
- 1099-K’s Flying Everywhere – Sample Message “If you are making any ‘side hustle income’ of any sort, or even using Venmo, CashApp, etc… for personal reasons, you may receive unexpected 1099 forms next year. Don’t panic, we are prepared for it and can assist you.”
- IRS Hiring Spree & New Computers – Sample Message: “The IRS received a lot of new money and is hiring a lot of new employees and has a lot of new computers. Don’t panic, we are prepared and we will do everything in our power to protect you from any new issues that arise from the Beefed Up IRS.”
- The Corporate Transparency Act – Sample Message: “New and existing business entities, including LLC’s, will have new reporting requirements in 2024. The penalties for not complying with those reporting requirements are extremely painful and costly. Don’t panic, we can help you avoid problems from these new and confusing rules.”
I find that throwing in the words “don’t panic” creates a certain healthy fear that helps clients remember why they need us and want to pay us money 🙂
If you’d like to see a full breakdown of all the most important tax year 2023 tax changes, we have been doing that for our Members since 2011.
Simply choose your Pronto Tax School Membership or (for existing Members) log into your Pronto Tax School account and then go into the Federal Tax Update course, which has been completely updated with all the latest tax year 2023 changes & updates. (California Tax Update course also updated, FYI.)
Thanks to our trademark-pending training method known as “What’s New for Who™,” our tax update courses are segmented by client group so that you can easily identify which changes affect the clients you serve. Examples:
- If you want to see changes for Lower Income Clients, go to the Lower Income Clients section.
- If you want to see changes for Cryptocurrency Clients, go to the Cryptocurrency Clients section.
- If you want to see changes for Real Estate Investor Clients, go to the Real Estate Investor Clients section.
- Etc., etc.
Our goal is to help you customize your service for your specific clients, Andy, so that your clients feel like you are the only tax pro they can ever imagine working with. We want to be your “secret weapon” in providing EXCELLENT client service and making every client feel special.
And while we are on the subject of finishing up one tax season and getting ready for a new one, did we mention we have a great checklist for you called “Tax Season Readiness Readiness.” Get your business ready for tax season! Download this great resource for free and tart preparing your business. This ultimate checklist will help you stay organized and on top of all the necessary steps to be successful this tax season.