New California EITC for Non-Citizens

Valid ITIN Valuable in California

Migrant Workers Need Assistance

California residents and guests desperately need economic assistance.  Now taxpayers with a valid ITIN can file a California Personal Income Tax Return with the expectation of receiving the California Earned Income Credit. Migrant farm workers that are the backbone of California agriculture were previously not eligible for state assistance. During these difficult times those workers need help. There is a new California EITC for non-citizens.

New California Legislation

State legislators enacted this assistance to support the seasonal farm workers that are vital to California’s enormous agricultural sector.  California feeds itself and a large portion of the entire United States.  They also export a massive amount of farm products internationally! This is new California legislation for necessary workers.

Migrant Workers Are A Necessity

Migrant farm workers are a necessity for California agriculture.  Again, certain undocumented immigrants will now be eligible to receive the new California Earned Income Tax (EITC), Credit with an ITIN. Legislators recognized the importance of these workers and meeting their needs. How does it work and what is an ITIN?

What is an ITIN?

So, let’s break that down a bit.  What’s an ITIN?  Well, An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, or ITIN, is a United States tax processing number issued by the IRS to people who do not qualify for Social Security Numbers. It is a nine-digit number beginning with the number “9.”

Modeled After the Federal EITC

The California Earned Income Tax Credit is modeled after the federal legislation that preceded it.  It is one of the most effective tools for lifting people out of poverty because it helps people afford basic necessities. The Federal Government has had success utilizing EITC legislation.

You can find more information about this new California tax credit at Cal EITC for Me.

Have You Met Your Continuing Professional Education Requirements?

Do you need to get caught up on your annual CTEC continuing professional education requirements?  Or perhaps you want to participate in the IRS AFTR Program.  To learn more about tax issues like this visit us at Pronto Tax School.