When it comes to increasing your income in the tax business, working with more advanced business tax clients is the #1 most proven effective method I’ve seen in my 22 years of being in the tax industry.
- It’s one of those rare business strategies that never doesn’t work.
- Or maybe somewhere, somehow it hasn’t worked, and I’ve just never seen it not work. Fully possible!
Every single tax professional I know who has “a particular set of skills” in working with more advanced business tax clients is always busy and earning a healthy income.
In fact, the main problem I see “business tax masters” suffering from is being constantly over capacity–not having enough help from other tax pros who also know the secrets of serving more advanced business tax clients (if that’s you, keep reading, we might be able to help you with this).
The math is not hard to understand:
- Average fees for a “fairly standard” more advanced business tax client regularly exceed $3,000 per year, with many tax pros getting $10,000+ per client per year depending what services you’re providing.
- Demand for business tax work continues to skyrocket, as more and more Americans find ourselves self-employed and meanwhile “The Greatest Generation” of CPAs and EAs continue to retire in droves, “are not accepting new clients,” etc. and fewer and fewer younger people are becoming CPAs.
So, if working with more advanced business tax clients is such a great opportunity, why doesn’t every tax pro work with more advanced business tax clients?
Why have many tax pros decided to say NO THANKS, I won’t touch more advanced business tax clients with a ten foot pole?
Well first of all, I find that many tax pros just flat-out enjoy serving 1040 clients better. It’s what some of us are used to, and change is hard. 1040s may be a better fit for one reason or another.
For example, a tax pro who doesn’t want to work much or at all when it is not tax season will not be a good fit to work with more advanced business clients.
For another example, we all know that business tax clients can be rather intense individuals, sometimes to the point of being outright savages. Not every tax pro wants to work with people who can flip into “savage mode” PRONTO.
And then there is this issue to also contend with:
- Working with more advanced business tax clients when you (no offense) don’t know what you are doing is a guaranteed disaster waiting to happen.
- And if you “sort of” know what you’re doing, guess what? That’s a guaranteed disaster waiting to happen, too. Often, that’s even worse disasters than knowing nothing, because we “think we know,” but we really don’t know.
- I’ve been there, I’ve done that, it’s an extremely painful and costly learning process…
Or maybe you do know what you’re doing, you’re the “Superman” or “Superwoman” who can handle any business tax client you encounter, but you wish your team members knew more and could help you more.
You wish you could train one (or multiple) of your staff members to serve more advanced business tax clients, but you don’t have time to personally teach your team member(s) what they need to know.
If any of those challenges resonate with you, I want to make sure you’re aware that we have built a solution for these exact problems!
We’ve already helped hundreds of tax pros “make the leap,” and we’d love to help a few dozen more before next tax season hits.
Our solution’s called the Business Tax Verified Training Program, and we think it’s the most comprehensive and most REAL LIFE of any business tax training program.
But who really cares what we think about our own product, right?
Here’s a review we recently received from one of our Business Tax Verified Members, who compared our training program to several other available options (this was on a Facebook Group where people were trying to find a training program that teaches tax pros how to do business tax preparation & consulting):
(I blacked out the names of the other course creators because I don’t want to seem like we are dissing on our competitors, we want to respect our competitors.)
If this opportunity interests you, please be advised that we have two ways to do the Business Tax Verified Training Program:
- Become a Dream Team Member and get the Business Tax Verified Training Program included as part of your Dream Team Membership.
- Purchase the Business Tax Verified Membership separately (i.e. no annual membership, a.k.a. “A La Carte” purchase option).
(Reminder that all of our Membership programs are always on a “cancel anytime” policy–you are never locked into renewing if you don’t want to renew, and we send you multiple reminders before your membership renews so that you stay in control.)
Have questions about learning business taxes and/or training your team to help you with business taxes?
We realize doing business tax work not the right fit for everyone, and we only want you and/or your team member(s) to enroll if it makes sense for your situation.
(We are able to provide “bulk discounts” and other special deals for tax firms that enroll multiple team members at the same time, FYI.)
Our goal is to contribute to your (and your team’s) success and to make your life as a tax professional easier, more profitable, and more fun.