Education Requirements for Becoming a Paid Tax Preparer in California
Think you need years of schooling and an accounting degree to become a professional tax preparer?
On the contrary, Pronto Tax Class is all the education you need to become a paid, professional tax preparer in the State of California.
A 60-hour course–yes you read that right–and you can become a registered tax professional. That’s two hours a day for a month to get a new credential, a new career, and/or a new way to make extra money on the side. What other potentially lucrative career can you start for around $300 total, including your education, bonding, and registration costs?
For more information on the education requirements for California tax preparers, please visit the website of the California Tax Education Council, at www.ctec.org. There you can see exactly what is required to do taxes for pay in the State of California. To be honest, it is not an especially difficult process. This is exactly what you need to do to become a tax preparer in California:
1. You take Pronto Tax Class
2. You obtain a Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN) from the IRS
3. You purchase a tax preparer bond (we get our students cheap bonds from a trusted provider)
4. You register with the California Tax Education Council (CTEC ) as a professional tax preparer.
5. Each year, you must complete a 20 hour continuing education course to “maintain” your registration with CTEC.
And that’s it! That’s all you need to do to be a professional tax preparer in the State of CA. In other states, you don’t need ANY education at all to be a tax preparer, but in California there are some basic requirements as described above.
Many people who are not as smart as you have completed the process successfully and are making money doing taxes today.
Buy Pronto Tax Class to take the first step towards doing taxes for pay in the State of California–or any other state, for that matter!