By: Jamie Waggoner
True or False?
Yes, it is true you can be a tax preparer at any time of the year!
Being a tax preparer means year-round work.
You are lucky because taxes are never going away, people will always need a tax preparer.
It is a nice job that has decent security.
It is important to get ahead of the game when it comes to being a tax preparer and getting ready for tax season.
Here are some ways to keep yourself ahead of the game:
- Get certified as a tax preparer early. If you haven’t yet you can head to prontotaxschool.com and find the course package for you.
- You can talk to other tax professionals that have been in this profession longer than you. Since you are ahead of the ball game you can discuss any questions with these professionals that would usually be way too busy to give you the time of day.
- Start networking early so when tax season comes around the corner you will have plenty of clients set up with zero stress of finding customers.
The reason tax preparation isn’t just seasonal anymore
There have been more tax issues coming up than it used to in the past which means more people are needing to have tax professionals work with them to get their life back on track.
People besides These are some jobs of a tax preparer/ professional that ends up being a year-round job.
- Rental Real Estate- Related Tax Preparation
- Self-Employed Tax Preparation
- Tax Consulting for Start-Up Businesses
- Tax Problem Resolution
- Tax Consulting for People in Retirement or Approaching Retirement
These jobs are open, wanted, and need when it comes to a tax preparer.
The tax world has changed out with the old in with the new, out with seasonal in with year-round work.
About the writer:
Jamie Waggoner is a Communication Major at University of North Carolina-Wilmington (UNCW). Jamie’s favorite course at the moment is Integrated Marketing, which shows how smart companies use storytelling and word-of-mouth to develop authentic and compelling relationships with their customers and the general public. Jamie did not realize when she accepted an internship at Pronto Tax School that she would become a tax expert, but hey, life is full of surprises and that’s a good thing.